Taking care of our planet with action
At Japara we understand that human activity is having a profound impact on the environment. Climate change is a growing issue that will have dramatic impacts on our operations.
Natural resources are limited in quality and we carefully manage our use of them.
Our operations are aware of their impacts and treat with care the resources we must consume, so as not to restrict access to future generations.
We are mindful of our consumption and the associated impacts, as we are acting responsibly toward the environment.
How we reduce, reuse and recycle
- Established recycling programs at all of our services
- We recycle products whenever possible
- Utilise the most energy efficient products available. Our lighting reduces carbon emissions and has increased functionality
- Ozone systems are installed in our laundries to reduce water wastage and pollution
- Rainwater captive tanks are installed for irrigation of gardens
- We only use biodegradable chemicals
Community volunteer programs
Our commitment to caring for our residents, whilst ensuring their individual needs are met is core to our business. We therefore run several comprehensive volunteering programs across all our facilities.
We aim to enhance the lifestyle of our residents and bring the community into their home.
Volunteers play a significant role in supporting staff, residents and to the community.
Some of the events our volunteers assist in are:
- Escorting residents to doctors appointments
- Volunteers read to our residents
- Escorting residents to the beach, coffee shops etc
- Fundraising activities
- Escorting residents on outings
Our volunteers comment on how volunteering has improved their knowledge, fitness levels and their physical health and how rewarding this is for them in their lives.
The support of our volunteers continues to make a big difference in our Aged Care facilities and to the community.
If you would like to volunteer, contact the facility manager of the service closest to you.