Join our team
Japara has joined Calvary in November 2021. Together, as Calvary, we are one of Australia’s leading health, community and aged care providers.
Here are some of the employee benefits you can expect to enjoy as part of the Calvary team.
Salary Packaging with Maxxia
Make the most of your pre-tax earnings
Calvary’s ongoing partnership with Maxxia provides employees access to salary packaging, leasing a vehicle and access to various other discounts through Maxxia Rewards. With over 6000 current Calvary employees enjoying greater tax savings, and with almost $100 savings available on your membership per annum, there’s no better time than now to jump on board and join.
What is Salary Packaging?
As a Not-For-Profit health organisation, the Australian Tax Office allows Calvary employees to pay for certain living expenses with pre-tax dollars. Salary Packaging allows you to allocate a portion of your salary to pay off certain expenses such as your mortgage, rent, personal or credit card loan repayments and other everyday expenses before income tax is calculated. This reduces the overall amount of tax payable on your gross salary and increases the amount of disposable income you have to spend each pay.
How does salary packaging benefit me?
Salary packaging allows you to:
- Reduce your taxable income
- Increase your disposable income
- Choose how to spend your tax savings
- Choose from a wide range of benefits to suit you and your lifestyle.
As an employee of Calvary, you can also pay for a range of expenses with your pre-tax salary through Maxxia. A salary packaging debit card option is available if you wish to use salary packaging for everyday purchases.
In addition, you can claim meals and entertainment via the Maxxia app, as well as venue hire, novated leases and more.
Differences in Salary Packaging depending on where you work
Salary packaging options are available to all Calvary employees, however, it works a little differently depending on where you work. A quick informative video about salary packaging for Community Care, Retirement Communities and National employees can be found here, and for Public and Private Hospital employees here.
To learn more about salary packaging, visit the Maxxia website.
Available on new, used and existing vehicles, novated leasing allows you to bundle not only your lease payments but all of your vehicle running costs including petrol, insurance, rego and servicing into one convenient regular payment.
To learn more about Novated Leasing watch the video here.
Sign up to Maxxia Salary Packaging or Novated Leasing
- Call Maxxia on 1300 123 123
- Visit the Maxxia website to book a one-on-one chat
- Once signed up to Maxxia your day to day management of your Maxxia account can be completed through the Maxxia app
Save with Maxxia Rewards
The Maxxia Rewards program offers free access to discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets, department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas, restaurants and more.
To learn more about Maxxia Rewards visit the Maxxia Rewards website.
To register for Maxxia Rewards:
Support when you need it
Calvary provides free and confidential initial counselling sessions to all employees and their immediate family members. The number of free sessions varies depending on the terms and conditions of your employment.
This service is run by a number of highly professional, friendly and caring psychologists and social workers.
Confidentiality is guaranteed. These services are completely independent of Calvary and no identifying information about you will be disclosed without your written consent.
Why use the program?
The counsellors help you to identify, explore and manage issues that are impacting on your life, such as:
- mental illness
- grief and trauma, and
- coping with change.
How to make an appointment?
For staff at Calvary Mater Newcastle
For staff at Calvary Health Care Kogarah
For all other staff at Calvary Healthcare
Calvary and Medibank have partnered to offer employees exclusive access to Medibank’s corporate cover with an 8% discount on private health insurance and a range of discounts on other insurance and lifestyle products.
Through this partnership eligible Calvary employees will also receive:
- 100% back on up to two dental check-ups with a members’ choice advantage dentist(1)
- 100% back on optical items, up to a $300 limit per person, per year(2)
- A separate, flexible annual extras limit of up to $1,500 per person(3)
- Get up to 80% back on included extras at any recognised provider in Australia(3)
- No hospital excess for kids on a family membership(4)
- Peace of mind that comes from knowing that your cover includes unlimited emergency ambulance(5)
- If an Accident does happen, no matter what hospital cover you have you’ll get the benefits of our top level of hospital cover(6)
- Our hospital cover gives you access to around-the-clock advice over the phone, through our 24/7 Medibank Nurse
- Visit the website
- Call 131 680
- Click here to make a telephone appointment today
- Enquire in Store with 85 Medibank stores across Australia
- 100% back for your first Massage, Physiotherapy and Chiropractic service every year at Bupa recognised providers on Corporate Total Extras.*
- 100% back on most items at recognised Optical providers, including frames, prescription lenses and contacts.*
- Bupa will pay towards the cost of gym memberships on selected corporate extras cover when the exercise program is required to address or improve a specific diagnosed health or medical condition.*If you need to go to hospital as the result of an accident, Bupa will refund you the hospital excess you paid for that admission*
- Uncapped Emergency Ambulance on all Hospital products*
- Nothing to pay for your kids until age 25 on most Dental, Physio, Chiro and Podiatry consultations at Members First providers.*
- *Conditions apply up to yearly limits visit bupa.com.au/corporate/calvarygroup
for more information.
- Loyalty bonus – immediate access to higher benefit limits
- Access to 200 wellness products and services including mental health, nutrition, skin checks, and health checks
- Discounts and rewards from over 40 partners with Bupa Plus
- Insurance discounts – travel, pet, car, home, and landlord
- 24/7 access to myBupa online, where you can make electronic claims on some services, view your policy details and more
1. Waiting period applies. Limited to two dental check-ups on all extras annually. Maximum two bitewing x-rays per check-up where clinically needed. Not available in all areas. 2. At recognised providers. Waiting periods apply. Some lens coatings excluded. $300 annual limit on Flexi 80 extras. 3. Up to annual limits. At recognised providers. Waiting periods apply. Excludes optical. 80% back and $1500 limit with Flexi 80 extras only. 4. Other out of pocket expenses may apply. 5. Waiting periods apply. For ambulance attendance or transportation to a hospital where immediate professional attention is required and your medical condition is such that you couldn’t be transported any other way. Tasmania and Queensland have state schemes to cover ambulance services for residents of those states. 6. Cover only for Accidents that occur after join date. Excludes claims covered by third parties such as Workcover, and our Private Room Promise. Out of pockets may apply.
Want to sign up to Medibank?
Calvary and Bupa have teamed up to provide all Calvary employees with Bupa’s Corporate health plans, providing a range of Hospital and Extras covers and offering Calvary employees a 7% membership discount along with other exciting features and immediate value when you join Hospital and extras.
Through this partnership eligible Calvary employees have access to receive:
In addition, with the Calvary Bupa Health Insurance plan you will also receive:
Suite of personal health tools, calculators and apps can help you assess your health.
To join Calvary’s Bupa health plan
How long has it been since you invested some time into you?
What is Fitness Passport?
Fitness Passport is our discounted workplace health and fitness program that is available to all Calvary employees and their families in NSW, SA, VIC, TAS and ACT. A Fitness Passport membership offers great savings on regular gym memberships and gives Calvary employees access to a wide choice of health and fitness providers. There’s no better time to ‘check-in’ on your health and wellbeing than right now.
Fitness Passport membership is designed exclusively around the gyms & pools you, your colleagues and family want to use, so you can tailor your membership and program to meet your individual preferences.
Our NSW employees have been enjoying the wide range of gyms, pools & fitness centres available through Fitness Passport for some time. Now, the same great discounts and benefits are extended to SA, VIC, Tas and ACT.
Through this partnership, eligible Calvary employees will receive:
- One membership that allows access to a large range of health and fitness facilities for a low price
- Memberships can be extended to direct family members and partners
- Unlimited visits across all fitness facilities in your program
- Individual & Family memberships available
- Discounted fortnightly direct debit
- Simple hassle-free swipe access
- Full facility access can include gyms, group classes and pools
Have your say in building your Fitness Passport Program
Since Fitness Passport is being introduced in SA, VIC, Tas and ACT you can participate in a survey to help build on the vast array of facilities available to you across these locations.
The Fitness Passport program will be developed on the basis of the survey, post which you will be able to sign up for the Fitness Passport Membership.
To speak to a Fitness Passport consultant or book an appointment, email email@example.com
To sign up now visit fitnesspassport.com.au/CVN
Learning at your fingertips
The Calvary e-Learning platform is available 24/7 from any computer with internet access.
You can access your mandatory courses as well as general interest courses that may help you to develop or refresh your skill sets, including:
- Orientation/Induction modules
- WHS Modules
- Management 101 Modules
- National Clinical Standards Modules
- Clinical Speciality Modules
- Living with Dementia Care modules
- COVID 19/Infection Prevention Modules
Throughout Calvary we provide excellent opportunities to advance your career including:
- Calvary’s renowned Graduate Nurses and Midwives Program
- Calvary Leadership Program
- Calvary is partnering with GE Healthcare to build our future senior Calvary Leaders. Investing in our leaders is an investment in the future health and wellbeing of those we care for – our employees, patients, residents and clients.
- The program, is designed to assist leaders to excel in their existing executive roles and/ or aspire to regional and national executive roles. To find out more see here.
- Calvary partnerships with universities
- Calvary has developed exciting and innovative national partnerships with universities including:
- University of Tasmania (UTAS): Calvary has partnerships with UTAS for the provision of online post graduate nursing courses under scholarship for Calvary Clinical staff.
- Australian National University (ANU): Calvary and ANU have a Memorandum of Understanding to advance the health of communities across Australia through high quality health and community care research and practice. See here for more information.
Caring for your own well-being as you care for others
The aim of the Calvary Health Body & Mind Dashboard portal is to encourage employees to give the same amount of attention to their wellbeing as they would to their patients, residents or clients.
The portal provides videos, podcasts, live webinars, activities like 30 day exercise challenges, recipes and more.
To access the portal visit healthatworkdashboard.net.au
HP Calvary Corporate Employee Plan
As a valued Calvary employee you can save up to 53% across the HP range and receive exclusive offers and benefits.
There are a range of products available at special prices, including:
- HP Notebooks
- HP Desktops
- HP Printers
- HP Tablets
- HP Monitors
- HP Accessories
- HP Extended Warranties
Want to take up this offer?
To register for this exclusive offer and view the HP product range and prices, www.hp.com/au-en/shop/cepp/about-the-program and register using your Calvary email address.
Here to Help
For assistance, please call HP Customer Service on 1300 302 757 (Mon – Fri 9am-5:30pm AEST)
Lenovo Calvary Corporate Offer
Calvary has partnered with Lenovo to offer Calvary employees a range of exclusive offers and discounts on brands including Logitech, StarTech, Jabra, Ergotron and Seagate.
Lenovo caters for a range of technology and data solutions, including:
Want to take up this offer?
To register for these exclusive offers, visit https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/aupremium and register using your Calvary email address.
Call Lenovo customer service on 13 536 68613 536 686