Important COVID -19 Information
Last updated 23 February 2021
With relatively small numbers of active cases of COVID-19 across Australia, the spread of the virus remains a serious threat to vulnerable people in our society, particularly older Australians.
Japara’s focus is:
- maintaining strict government guidelines for Aged Care as they apply to each region in which we operate, including:
- limiting or restricting access, both in and out of our homes, unless for essential medical reasons
- screening essential visitors entering our homes
- use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including face masks
- rapidly responding and making appropriate changes in areas declared hotspots or noted as being of heightened risk
- providing real-time communication based on health advice to our residents, families and staff in each region in which we operate
- reviewing infection control recommendations for each State and incorporating any changes or new tools into our practices and education
- maintaining our plans, policies and procedures to be ready to act quickly should the spread of COVID-19 once more increase in the community
Japara is thoroughly prepared to respond to an outbreak. Our Japara COVID-19 Outbreak Strategy provides for a comprehensive response to the threat of an outbreak in one of our Homes. Home Management and our staff have access to support and tools which have now been tested and improved based on real experiences.
The respective State public health units, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission and the Commonwealth have provided comprehensive resources to support our operations.
Japara has also conducted a thorough “Lessons Learned” process following the Victorian outbreaks in 2020 and is implementing change where necessary to better support a future outbreak.
We continue to work with relevant health authorities, both at a Federal and State level, to ensure our Homes remain well-placed to respond and above everything, we remain committed to the health and wellbeing for each of Japara’s residents, families and staff.
- At the slightest sign of any symptoms, however mild, please get tested, stay home and wait for your result
- Practice good hygiene by washing and sanitizing your hands frequently and cough / sneeze into a tissue or your elbow
- Keep your distance and stay 1.5 metres away from people where you can
- Wear a fitted face mask when required
- Complete a declaration and COVID-19 screen each time you enter one of our Homes
Please select a State to view current restrictions in place: