Important COVID-19 information
Following the strict restrictions that have been in place over the last few months due to the risk of transmission in the community, the case numbers in metropolitan Melbourne are now extremely low and there are no longer any active cases of COVID-19 in Aged Care. However the risk of the spread of Coronavirus in Australia remains a serious concern for more vulnerable citizens, particularly the elderly.
Japara’s focus is now:
- remaining vigilant in terms of screening of anyone entering our homes
- implementing government guidelines for Aged Care as they apply to each region in which we operate including restrictions for visitors, wearing of Face Masks etc. It is particularly important for us to make changes rapidly in areas declared hotspots or noted as being of heightened risk
- working with the DHHS on the screening program for the regular testing of asymptomatic Aged Care employees
- reviewing infection control recommendations for each State and incorporating any changes or new tools into our practices and education
- maintaining our plans, policies and procedures to be ready to act quickly should the spread of COVID-19 once more increase in the community
Japara prepared thoroughly for COVID-19 earlier in 2020 with activities including emergency planning workshops and simulations. A number of outbreaks at our homes in Metropolitan Melbourne put these plans to the test. A “Lessons Learned” process has been conducted and the plans are being updated with this information.
Japara homes remain prepared and are well-placed to respond to any outbreaks.
Current restrictions state by state
We appreciate your support and understanding that some restrictions are still required in order to minimise the risk of COVID-19 entering into or spreading in our homes.
General restrictions, which apply to all homes:
- You are not allowed to enter a facility if you are waiting on a COVID-19 test result
- You are not allowed to enter a facility if you have any of the following symptoms fever (37.5 degrees or more), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue
- All visitors need to complete a declaration before entry. For this reason you must arrive for your visit during a time when reception is operating. Specific arrangements can be made with Home Management for compassionate reasons. We appreciate your support and understanding.
In order to help you to plan your visit to our homes and also for you to understand the other requirements for managing this risk, the following outlines the current state by state position:
Effective from Monday 30 November 2020
If you have a question for one of our team regarding our COVID-19 policies, one of our Japara homes or visitor restrictions, we’re always here to help.
Feel free to give us a call on 1800 52 72 72 or send your query on the below form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.