Greater Sydney: Japara Home restrictions
Last updated 11 October 2021
Are face coverings required?
- All visitors and staff must wear a surgical mask and a face shield when caring for residents or in resident areas.
Are flu vaccinations required?
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have an annual flu vaccination, please let your Home Manager (or delegate) know if you haven’t before your visit.
- All Japara staff are required to have an annual flu vaccination.
Are COVID-19 vaccinations required?
- Visitors must have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days prior to their visit as per State Health Directions.
- All residents are strongly encouraged to be COVID-19 vaccinated.
- All Japara staff are required to be COVID-19 vaccinated as per State Health Directions.
- You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccination and if it’s right for you here.
Are there visitor restrictions?
- Visitors must be 12 years of age and over and from Greater Sydney.
- Residents are permitted two (2) visitors per day.
- Visits must take place in the residents room.
- You must call the Home before your visit to book a visiting time to maintain density safety.
- Further restrictions on visitors may apply.
- Please speak with your Home Manager (or delegate) about the options that may be possible for you and your loved one.
How do I check into a Japara Home?
- It’s a quick three-step process for anyone entering:
- 1. Complete a COVID-19 screening.
- 2. Check-in via the State Government’s QR code.
- 3. Show your double COVID-19 vaccination verification via NSW Health approved digital method eg. myGov or Medicare app on your phone.
- You can find out more here.
Are residents allowed to leave the Home?
- Residents are discouraged from leaving the Home, but please speak with your Home Manager (or delegate) about what may be possible. If residents choose to leave, they must:
- be fully vaccinated
- remain 5km of the Home
- only leave the Home with a fully vaccinated friends or relatives
- always wear a surgical mask
- declare at re-entry that they haven’t been to any current COVID-19 case locations.
- If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
What other restrictions to daily life in the Home are still in place?
- Hairdressing is permitted.
- Volunteers are not permitted.
- Bus excursions are not permitted.
- Entertainers are not permitted.
Are Home Tours permitted?
- Prospective residents who live in Greater Sydney are permitted:
- They can be accompanied by one other person who also lives in Greater Sydney.
- The Home must not be in Regional NSW.
- Only one such visit can occur at any one time.
- There is no limit on the number of prospective residents that can visit over the course of a day.
How to stay connected with loved ones
- Send a Japara e-Telegram.
- Arrange a family FaceTime or Zoom call using one of the tablet devices from the Home.
- Maybe a window visit is possible (not available at all Homes).
- Speak with your Home Manager or Lifestyle Coordinator about what else may be available at your Home.
More information on restrictions in New South Wales