Queensland: Japara Home restrictions
Last Update 23 July 2021
Are face masks required?
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask.
- All clinical and non-clinical staff must wear a surgical mask.
Are flu vaccinations required?
- Queensland Health Authorities mandated the 2021 Influenza Vaccination for anyone entering an Aged Care Facility from 1 June 2021, please let your Home Manager (or delegate) know if you haven’t before your visit.
- All Japara staff are required to have an annual flu vaccination.
Are COVID-19 vaccinations required?
- All residents, visitors and staff are strongly encouraged to have a COVID-19 vaccination.
- We have engaged an external provider to fast track COVID-19 Vaccinations for our staff.
- You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccination and if it’s right for you here.
Are there visitor restrictions?
- Residents can have as many visitors as the Home can allow.
- All visitors must be temperature checked and complete a COVID-19 screening.
- All visitors must declare at entry that they haven’t been to known COVID-19 hotspot or restricted Local Government Area. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
How do I check into a Japara Home?
- There have been a few changes in how you enter a Residential Aged Care Facility.
- It’s a quick two-step process for anyone entering:
- 1. Complete a COVID-19 screening.
- 2. Check-in via the State Government’s QR code.
- You can find out more here.
Are residents allowed to leave the Home?
- Residents are discouraged from leaving the Home except for essential medical reasons. Please speak with your Home Manger (or delegate).
- Residents must declare at re-entry that they haven’t been to a known COVID-19 hotspot or restricted Local Government Area. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
What other restrictions to daily life in the Home are still in place?
- Entertainers are permitted on site with a COVID-safe plan, observing density limits.
- Volunteers are permitted on site, observing density limits.
- Bus excursions are permitted with a COVID-safe plan.
- Hairdressing is permitted.
Are Home Tours permitted?
- Yes, with the prospective resident and one accompanying person.
How to stay connected with loved ones
- Send a Japara e-Telegram.
- Arrange a family FaceTime or zoom call using one of the tablet devices from the Home.
- Maybe a window visit is possible (not available at all Homes).
- Speak with your Home Manager or Lifestyle Coordinator about what else may be available at your Home.