Queensland: Japara Home restrictions
Last Update 13 April 2021
Following Queensland Health advice, whilst community restrictions were lifted at 12pm Friday, 1 April the aged care restrictions implemented on Monday, 29 March will continue for a further 14 days across the State.
Are face masks required?
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask.
- All clinical and non-clinical staff must wear a surgical mask.
Are flu vaccinations required?
- From 3 May 2021, all visitors are required to have an annual flu vaccination, please let your Home Manager (or delegate) know if you haven’t before your visit.
- All QLD Japara staff are required to have an annual flu vaccination.
For more information, visit our Queensland influenza vaccination page.
Are COVID-19 vaccinations required?
- All residents, visitors and staff are strongly encouraged to have a COVID-19 vaccination.
You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccination and if it’s right for you here.
Are there visitor restrictions?
- The only visitors permitted are those providing an essential purpose.
- No personal visitors, including care and support visitors are permitted to enter.
- End of life visits are permitted.
- All visitors must declare at entry that they haven’t been to known COVID-19 hotspot or restricted Local Government Area. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
Are residents allowed to leave the Home?
- Residents may only leave the Home to receive health care, attend a funeral or for an emergency or compassionate reason.
- Residents must declare at entry that they haven’t been to a known COVID-19 hotspot or restricted Local Government Area. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
What other restrictions to daily life in the Home are still in place?
- No entertainers on site
- No volunteers on site
- No hairdressing
- No bus excursions
Are Home Tours permitted?
- We are currently offering virtual Home Tours.
Are there travel restrictions into Queensland?
- Travel restrictions and border passes may be in place. Please check before you travel.
Please check the Queensland Government’s advice on visiting aged care facilities for more information.