Queensland: Japara Home restrictions
Last Update 8 October 2021
Are face coverings required?
- Visitors and staff are not required to wear a mask when in the Home.
Are flu vaccinations required?
- Queensland Health Authorities mandated the 2021 Influenza Vaccination for anyone entering an Aged Care Facility from 1 June 2021, please let your Home Manager (or delegate) know if you haven’t before your visit.
- All Japara staff are required to have an annual flu vaccination.
Are COVID-19 vaccinations required?
- All residents and visitors are strongly encouraged to be COVID-19 vaccinated.
- All Japara staff are required to be COVID-19 vaccinated as per State Health Directions.
- You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccination and if it’s right for you here.
Are there visitor restrictions?
- Residents can have as many visitors as the Home can allow.
- Restrictions on visitors may apply.
- Please speak with your Home Manager (or delegate) about the options that may be possible for you and your loved one.
How do I check into a Japara Home?
- It’s a quick two-step process for anyone entering:
- 1. Complete a COVID-19 screening.
- 2. Check-in via the State Government’s QR code.
- You can find out more here.
Are residents allowed to leave the Home?
- Residents are discouraged from leaving the Home, but please speak with your Home Manager (or delegate) about what may be possible.
- Residents must declare at re-entry that they haven’t been to a known COVID-19 hotspot or restricted Local Government Area. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
What other restrictions to daily life in the Home are still in place?
- Entertainers are permitted with a COVIDSafe plan.
- Volunteers are permitted.
- Bus excursions are permitted.
- Hairdressing is permitted.
Are Home Tours permitted?
- Yes, with any reasonable number of people from outside the Home.
How to stay connected with loved ones
- Send a Japara e-Telegram.
- Arrange a family FaceTime or Zoom call using one of the tablet devices from the Home.
- Maybe a window visit is possible (not available at all Homes).
- Speak with your Home Manager or Lifestyle Coordinator about what else may be available at your Home.