Regional NSW: Japara Home restrictions
Last updated 11 October 2021
The following restrictions apply to all Japara Homes in Regional NSW, including Japara Albury and District, The Brelsford and The Mariner.
Are face coverings required?
- All visitors and staff must wear a surgical mask when in the Home.
Are flu vaccinations required?
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have an annual flu vaccination, please let your Home Manager (or delegate) know if you haven’t before your visit.
- All Japara staff are required to have an annual flu vaccination.
Are COVID-19 vaccinations required?
- Visitors must have received their second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days prior to their visit, as per State Health Directions.
- All residents are strongly encourgaed to be COVID-19 vaccinated.
- All Japara staff are required to be COVID-19 vaccinated as per State Health Directions.
- You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccination and if it’s right for you here.
Are there visitor restrictions?
- Visitors must be 12 years of aged and over and from Regional NSW.
- Residents are permitted two (2) visitors per day.
- Visits must take place in the resident’s room.
- You must call the Home before your visit to book a visiting time to maintain density safety.
- Further restrictions on visitors may apply.
- Please speak with your Home Manager (or delegate) about the options that may be possible for you and your loved one.
How do I check into a Japara Home?
- It’s a quick three-step process for anyone entering:
- 1. Complete a COVID-19 screening.
- 2. Check-in via the State Government’s QR code.
- 3. Show your double COVID-19 vaccination verification via NSW Health approved digital method eg. myGov or Medicare app on your phone.
- You can find out more here.
Are residents allowed to leave the Home?
- Residents are discouraged from leaving the Home, but please speak with your Home Manager (or delegate) about what may be possible.
- Residents must declare at re-entry that they haven’t been to any current COVID-19 case locations.
- If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
What other restrictions to daily life in the Home are still in place?
- Entertainers are permitted with a COVIDsafe Plan.
- Volunteers are permitted.
- Bus excursions are permitted.
- Hairdressing is permitted.
Are Home Tours permitted?
- Prospective residents who live in Regional NSW are permitted:
- They can be accompanied by one other person who also lives in Regional NSW.
- The Home must not be in Greater Sydney.
- Only one such visit can occur at any one time.
- There is no limit on the number of prospective residents that can visit over the course of a day.
How to stay connected with loved ones
- Send a Japara e-Telegram.
- Arrange a family FaceTime or Zoom call using one of the tablet devices from the Home.
- Maybe a window visit is possible (not available at all Homes).
- Speak with your Home Manager or Lifestyle Coordinator about what else may be available at your Home.