Regional NSW: Japara Home restrictions
Last updated 23 July 2021
The following restrictions apply to all Japara Homes in Regional NSW, including Japara Albury and District, The Brelsford (formerly Japara Coffs Harbour), The Mariner.
Are face masks required?
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask.
- All clinical and non-clinical staff must wear a surgical mask.
Are flu vaccinations required?
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have an annual flu vaccination, please let your Home Manager (or delegate) know if you haven’t before your visit.
- All Japara staff are required to have an annual flu vaccination.
Are COVID-19 vaccinations required?
- All residents, visitors and staff are strongly encouraged to have a COVID-19 vaccination.
- We have engaged an external provider to fast track COVID-19 vaccinations for our staff.
- You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccination and if it’s right for you here.
Are there visitor restrictions?
- Residents can have two visitors per day. Visits must take place in the resident’s room.
- No visitors from Greater Sydney permitted, including Central Coast, Nepean Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour.
- All visitors must be temperature checked and complete a COVID-19 screening.
- All visitors must declare at entry that they haven’t been to any current COVID-19 case locations.
- If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received and not enter a Residential Aged Care Home for 14 days.
How do I check into a Japara Home?
- There have been a few changes in how you enter a Residential Aged Care Facility
- It’s a quick two-step process for anyone entering:
- 1. Complete a COVID-19 screening.
- 2. Check-in via the State Government’s QR code.
- You can find out more here.
Are residents allowed to leave the Home?
- Residents are discouraged from leaving the Home, except for essential medical reasons.
- Residents must declare at re-entry that they haven’t been to any current COVID-19 case locations.
- If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
What other restrictions to daily life in the Home are still in place?
- Entertainers are not permitted.
- Volunteers are not permitted.
- Bus excursions are not permitted.
- Hairdressing is not permitted.
Are Home Tours permitted?
- Yes, with the prospective resident and one accompanying person.
How to stay connected with loved ones
- Send a Japara e-Telegram.
- Arrange a family FaceTime or zoom call using one of the tablet devices from the Home.
- Maybe a window visit is possible (not available at all Homes).
- Speak with your Home Manager or Lifestyle Coordinator about what else may be available at your Home.