South Australia: Japara Home restrictions
Last updated 27 January 2021
Are face masks required?
- Visitors are not required to wear masks, but must practice physical distancing.
- Staff are not required to wear masks in Homes.
Are flu vaccinations required?
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have an annual flu vaccination, please let your Home Manager (or delegate) know if you haven’t before your visit.
- All Japara staff are required to have an annual flu vaccination
Are there visitor restrictions?
- Residents can have as many visitors as the Home can allow.
- All visitors must be temperature checked and complete a COVID-19 screening.
- All visitors must declare at entry that they haven’t been to known contact tracing site. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
Are residents allowed to leave the Home?
- Residents can leave the Home.
- Residents must declare at entry that they haven’t been to known contact tracing site. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
What other restrictions to daily life in the Home are still in place?
- There are currently no further restrictions.
Are Home Tours permitted?
- Yes, with any reasonable number of people from outside the Home.
Are there travel restrictions into South Australia?
- Travel restrictions and border passes may be in place. Please check before you travel.
Please check the South Australian Government’s advice on visiting aged care facilities for more information.