Victoria: Japara Home restrictions
Last updated 26 March 2021
Are face masks required?
- All visitors must wear a surgical mask.
- All clinical and non-clinical staff must wear a surgical mask.
Are flu vaccinations required?
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to have an annual flu vaccination, please let your Home Manager (or delegate) know if you haven’t before your visit.
- All Japara staff are required to have an annual flu vaccination.
Are COVID-19 vaccinations required?
- All residents, visitors and staff are strongly encouraged to have a COVID-19 vaccination.
You can find more information on the COVID-19 vaccination and if it’s right for you here.
Are there visitor restrictions?
- Residents can have as many visitors as the Home can allow.
- All visitors must be temperature checked and complete a COVID-19 screening
- All visitors must declare at entry that they haven’t been to a known public exposure site. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
Are residents allowed to leave the Home?
- Residents can leave the Home for outings.
- Residents must declare at re-entry that they haven’t been to a known public exposure site. If they have, they are required to undertake COVID-19 test and isolate until a negative result is received.
What other restrictions to daily life in the Home are still in place?
- Entertainers are permitted on site with a COVID-safe plan, observing density limits
- Volunteers are permitted on site, observing density limits
- Bus excursions are permitted with a COVID-safe plan.
- Hairdressing is permitted with the resident encouraged to wear a surgical mask and the provider wearing a surgical mask.
Are Home Tours permitted?
- Yes, with any reasonable number of people from outside the Home.
Are there travel restrictions into Victoria?
- Travel restrictions and border passes may be in place. Please check before you travel.
Please check the Victorian Government’s advice on visiting aged care facilities for more information.