Japara: 2016, the Year in Review
2016 has been a busy year for Japara and the broader aged care industry itself, with new facilities opening up across the country and existing facilities refurbished to offer our residents the highest standard of retirement living available.
Driving our investment in new facilities and existing facility refurbishments has seen undeniable demographic trends which point to increased demand for healthcare services (and aged care beds) in the years ahead. Throughout the course of 2016, Australia’s population continued to grow at one of the fastest rates in the developed world, expanding by 1.4% in the year to July, whilst the country’s oldest and youngest Baby Boomers (born between the years 1946-1965) celebrated their 70th and 51st birthdays respectively. As ever increasing numbers of Australians within this broad “baby boomer” cohort enter retirement or their adult children consider placing their parents into an aged care facility, Japara is positioning ourselves to be one of the first providers they consider – a trusted brand with facilities managed by experienced locals in touch with their immediate community.
Record investment in our aged care facilities
Over the past 12 months, Japara has successfully completed a total of 4 comprehensive redevelopments of our existing aged care facilities,. This represents a total of 200+ new aged care beds, not to mention hundreds of new jobs across our national network which now numbers 44 facilities in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania. This record investment in our national network will also help to grow the ACSAG reputation in the community. For more information on these new developments across our network, keep reading below:
Nursing home refurbishments and developments
- Japara Central Park Nursing Home: With its premier location just off Melbourne’s grand St Kilda Road precinct, a few kilometres south of Melbourne CBD, our Central Park nursing home facility has been improved with the addition of an expansive 6th floor overlooking surrounding inner city suburbs. Featuring architect designed rooms and large windows which flood the floor with natural light, this extension is open now.
- Japara George Vowell Nursing Home: Located in Mount Eliza on Melbourne’s sunny Mornington Peninsula, George Vowell Nursing Home underwent a full extension and refurbishment which was unveiled in June, and boosted our number of aged care beds with an additional 34 single suites, a dining area, activities room and spacious lounge room.
- Japara Kirralee Nursing Home: One of our two facilities in the large regional Victorian city of Ballarat, Japara Kirralee Nursing Home was refurbished in 2016, adding 24 much needed new single rooms to the local aged care market. Taking advantage of the nearby Ballarat Wildlife Park, our refurbishment also features a café, hairdressing salon, private dining room and theatre – amenities which did not exist before.
- Japara Riverside Residential Care: Currently under construction, our brand new Japara Riverside Residential Care aged care facility will provide an additional 90 beds in Tasmania’s second largest city, Launceston. In addition to new beds in this skilfully designed facility, ACSAG Riverside will also feature a state-of-the-art memory support unit for those with dementia and comprehensive Wellbeing Services Programs.
- Japara St Judes Nursing Home: An additional 30 aged care places have been added to the aged care market of Melbourne’s fast-growing South-eastern corridor, with the refurbishment of our Japara St Judes nursing home facility in Narre Warren North. Featuring large windows overlooking the rolling, green hills of the surrounding environs, St Judes residents will enjoy relaxed retirement living in an architect-designed space.
Looking ahead to 2017: Expanding our network for a growing market
As 2016 draws to a close, Japara is ready for the challenges we can anticipate 2017 will bring. With record numbers of Australians ageing, a large percentage who will likely need the 24 hour support only aged care living can provide, we will continue to focus on upgrading and expanding our 43-strong network of aged care facilities across Australia, ensuring each facility offers the most pleasant environment possible for all residents and staff. With an expanding network of world-class aged care facilities, additional bed capacity and ongoing investment in staff training and resident lifestyle services, we are confident of delivering upon our overarching goal of “providing the best local aged care with a global focus”.
For more information on Japara, our range of word-class aged care facilities and high quality aged care services more generally, please visit us at japara.com.au or call us today on (03) 9649 2100 for a friendly chat with one our staff.